Have our Students Lost their Value Compass? In a world of infinite alternatives how can one make right choices that are value-based? AVEC is here for you… to reset your Value Compass!
The Archdiocesan Value Education Centre (AVEC) is an initiative begun after the Archdiocesan Education Consult 2004, to coordinate Value Education in the schools affiliated to the Archdiocesan Board of Education (ABE). AVEC ensures schools to become ‘Educational Living Environments’ in which Values must be seen to lie not only at the heart of the Educational content (the “what” of Education), but also at the heart of the Educational process (the “how” or the way in which Education is conducted).
The exercise of virtue (value) lies at the very heart of St. John Bosco’s Educational System. Don Bosco was able to transform street urchins into noble citizens by enabling them to make Value-based choices to live life meaningfully.
The four main objectives of AVEC are:
· To animate the Value Education Curriculum
· To enable Value Ed teachers to be creative and effective.
· To offer students to cultivate values.
· Sessions, Seminars and Value Orientations for Students (std V-XII) & Teachers.
· Sessions for Parents: on parenting and parent-child relationships.
· Retreats for students & Leadership Training.
· Weekly E-Letter- ‘Values for the Yatra’
· AVEC Competitions based on student Yatra.
· Building a hub of Value Education Resources at AVEC – Matunga.
For Details Visit us at http://avec.dbysmumbai.org
Archdiocesan Value Education Centre (AVEC)
c/o Don Bosco Youth Services,
Contact: 81 046 254 08
Email: [email protected]